Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Happy Mother's Day

Happy belated Mother's day.

I hope everybody enjoyed their mother's day. I know I certainly did. I had a wonderfully relaxing weekend. I started my weekend with a massage on Saturday and then ended it with a wonderful supper at Spagos on Sunday. It was a truly enjoyable weekend. I felt a little weird though, to be on the receiving end on mother's day. It made me feel old.

Hannah is doing wonderful with solid foods. She was an expert right from the first spoonfuls. Although I don't think you can really consider rice cereal to be a solid food. More like a rather bland paste. I did notice a small patch of eczema forming on her chest today, but it is hard to tell whether that is an allergic reaction to the food, or her skin just doing what it does. Seeing how today was the 5th day she has had rice cereal I am going to go with it being just a coincidence for now.

I feel the need to comment on Canadian politics. I usually keep my thoughts to myself, but lately I have been particularity disappointed by our government. I refuse to support Steven Harper, as he has become obsessed with over-turning the government despite the majority of people wanting to wait until the conclusion of the inquiry. But even more I am disappointed by Paul Martins "dithering", He has acted patheticaly this past week, desperately trying to hold onto his career. Perhaps if he had admitted defeat and gone out gracefully he could have kept his dignity, but I am afraid he doesn't even have that left. So I guess that leaves Jack Layton, the only one who has actually tried to make the minority government work.

At the last election the Canadian people chose a minority government. I am ashamed that instead of trying to make it work, Paul Martin and Steven Harper have just made a mockery of our parliamentary system.

No comments: