Saturday, March 04, 2006

Ultrasound and then some

Well I guess seeing how my ultrasound was a week and a half ago, it is about time I posted some details. It was exciting to actually get to see this baby, while I have been feeling it kick for quite a while now, this was Dan's first opportunity to come to grips that yes there is a baby growing in my stomach. The baby seemed quite content to stay curled in a ball on one side of my stomach so we didn't get too many action shots, but it did suck on it's hand at one point. Exactly like it's sister, Hannah has never been a thumb sucker, she has always preferred all of her fingers if she was going to suck on anything. We do have a picture which has been scanned into our computer so if anybody wants to see it just email me, and I will send you a copy.

In other news, Hannah has decided she isn't interested in walking. I think she may have figured out that walking means she will lose her free ride everywhere. We're hoping seeing some other kids her age will prompt her to give it another shot. Her current new word is "baby". She calls all of her stuffed animals and several other things baby all the time now. She may have also started saying "Give me" or "Gimmmee", but I don't think this is actually a new word for her just a better pronouncement that is actually understandable as anything more then "Geh".

I learned the other day that letting a toddler feed themselves red jello is not necessarily a good idea. Apparently red jello stains skin, who knew? So that is my relevation for the week, be prepared to have a red baby if you wish give them red jello. Hannah has also developed rather picky eating habits, the other day I gave her a stir fry of broccoli and chicken over spaghetti, and she actually picked out every piece of spaghetti and left the chicken and broccoli. If any broccoli did end up in her mouth it promptly came back out. Oh well I guess every kid goes through a picky stage, at least she will still eat cucumber.

No comments: