Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Babies: The Forgotten Weed

It's funny how perspectives change once you have a child of your own. It's always amazed me how quickly people younger than myself have always seemed to grow up so fast. For instance, it's hard to believe that children that I remember from when they were in diapers are now in Junior high. Despite my amazement, I could always reason through it by thinking about how many years it has been since I had really SEEN them.

Now HANNAH on the other hand, is a completely different story. I do her morning change, and maybe her morning feeding, go to work and come home 8 1/2 hours later only to find that Hannah has gotten noticeable longer. (Kinda like all those weeds in my backyard in the summer...). Hardly any of the clothes that swam on her when she first came home from the hospital even FIT her anymore, and her awake times are becoming more and more entertaining as she starts to discover that her voice can be used for something other than crying.

No comments: