Sunday, October 29, 2006

Carpet adventures II

Well I decided I should post to update everybody on the result of my cleaning spree to my carpet. I did try the magic eraser on the chocolate soy milk, and it worked, but unfortunately it really chews up the eraser, and I ran out of eraser before I ran out of stain. I then tried a concentrated mixture of water and dish soap. And it actually worked, I was rather surprised by this as I have tried more powerful cleaners to no avail. So the two mystery stains are gone, and the chocolate soy milk stain, while it is substantially lighter has unfortunately come back, so it will be off to Walmart to buy the stuff suggested by Lynne. And I have actually not even touched the crayon yet, because well dragging out the iron sounds like a lot of work, and I am afraid water will just smear it.

No comments: