Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Sorry

I must apologize for my horrible neglect of this site. It is amazing how quickly time can fly by. I find it hard to believe it has been three weeks since we last updated. So I guess I will give a quick update as to what has happened since Feb. 19;

Hannah came off her Caffeine on the 23rd, and then had a sleep test on the 28th. In order to pass the sleep test she could only be 15% periodic. (Periodic meaning she has periods where she holds her breath temporarily causing her oxygen levels to decline) Hannah actually failed the test as she was 19% periodic, however the Dr. decided against putting her back on the caffeine as she has grown so much and appears to be thriving despite being periodic.

We went to Edson this last weekend, it was an enjoyable weekend, and I think Hannah got to meet the whole town of Edson. We got some great pictures which hopefully Dan will post tonight, I've been bugging him since we got back.

Since coming back from Edson we have been putting Hannah in her own crib instead of the bassinet. The transition was actually a lot easier then I thought it would be. She almost seems more relaxed in the crib, and has actually started sleeping right through the night. I still have to get up and give her her soother occasionally but she has been going 10-11 hrs without eating these last few nights. Hopefully as she adjusts to not getting fed in the middle of the night, I wont have to get up so often to plunk her soother back into her mouth.

And that brings us to today. Hannah had her three month appointment today, and I am glad to say she is doing great. She is 12lbs 2ounces, and 56cm. Developmentally the Doctor placed her closer to one month old instead of three, but he said he would expect that seeing how she was two months early. Size wise it is hard to tell she was early, but when considering her behavior there are still signs of prematurity.

No comments: