Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Three months already?

I read somewhere that babies sleep better when they can hear their mothers breathing, because it more closely resembles being in the womb. I think that person got it wrong, and it's the mother's who sleep better. Since moving her to her own room, I have caught myself waking up in the middle of the night trying to hear the sound of her breathing. When my memory returns and I realize that she is all the way across the hall, I can't help but feel lonely. She is growing up to fast. It has only been three short months, and she has doubled in size, begun sleeping through the night, and has adjusted to sleeping in her own room. I can't even begin to imagine how much change another three months will bring. While I am looking forward to each new milestone Hannah reaches, I also can't help but want to go back to those first few weeks and just take things a little slower.

No comments: